In the event that you are experiencing any issues with your equipment or Internet service, please read and follow the steps below.
- Step #1: The Source
- Step #2: Reboot
- Step #3: Video Assistance
- Step #4: Check our FAQs
- Step #5: Contact Us
When troubleshooting your internet connection, there are many, many factors to take into consideration.
- If you have multiple devices in your home, you should check to see if all are experiencing the same problem.
- If you are the only one experiencing the issue, consider rebooting the computer to see if that fixes it.
- Also check to see if your connected to your wireless router.
- Consider plugging into the router / wire directly.
- If multiple computers have no internet; consider power cycling your router. If you are unsure what your router looks like, it is likely labeled one of the following: D-Link, Linksys, Asus, Netgear, Cisco, Motorola, SMC, 2 Wire. There are many types of routers, but once you’ve found yours, best to pull the power cord from the back of it for a good minute and plug it back in shortly afterwords. If internet returns issue was with the router.
If still no internet proceed to Step 2.
If your still unable to get internet after-rebooting computers and personal home routers, you should be looking at pulling the power cord for the radio on the roof.
- If your unsure what this device may look like, it could be either one of these pictured beow
Once you’ve pulled the power cord from one of the devices to the left, wait 30 seconds to a minute before plugging it back in.
- Once plugged back in, wait another two to three minutes before checking your internet connection. If the connection returns, great, issue resolved.
- If not then if possible safely if possible have a look at the physical radio on your tv antenna. If you can see the lights on the unit, check to see if all lights are lit. If not something may be wrong with the wire and you’ll likely need a service call. If lights are on and still no internet proceed to step #3
We have created some general tutorials to help you solve most issues. Please select the video that best suits your situation. If none of the videos fit your situation please proceed to Step #4.
- Power Cycling Equipment
- Using Webmail
- Programming a Cisco Router for PPPoE
- How to Install Firefox (in progress)
- How to View Online Customer Portal
- Checking Mail on Mac Mail (in progress)
- Creating Direct Connect PPPoE (in progress)
- Windows 7 Direct Connect PPPoE (in progress)
- Windows 8 Direct Connect PPPoE
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 Mail Setup (in progress)
- Mozilla Thunderbird Mail Setup (in progress)
- Setting up your email for SMTP Authentication (in progress)
* Please note: Videos listed above will re-direct you to YouTube for viewing.
Ruralwave offers top of the line, trained technical support, billing support and help desk inquires. All phone calls after 7 pm and on Sundays go to monitored voice mail service and will be returned in priority sequence.
Our Help Desk Agents are ready to take your call:
Toll Free: 1-866-930-3846
Or if you have a low priority issue please feel free to fill out the form below for e-mail support.
Our helpdesk hours are:
Monday to Friday 9am – 7pm
Saturday and Holidays 10am – 2pm
All towers and equipment are monitored 24/7 by our on call staff!
Click Here to Email Support for a Low Priority Ticket – REMEMBER to Call if you issue is urgent! Do not email urgent issues to support!